- Creative Writing Award This award recognizes a short story or a poem for its artistic merit. Students may submit as many as 5 poems of any length. Short stories should be 20 pages or less.
- Multimedia Award This award recognizes any project created in response to a Gen Ed assignment that uses a medium other than traditional text. Media may include (but is not limited to) video/film, animation, music, photography, painting, drawing, and sculpture.
- Non-fiction Award This award recognizes critical, personal, and expository essays, including research papers and memoirs.
- Entries must be submitted to Tanya Larkin's mailbox
- Non-fiction submissions should not be longer than 20 pages.
- Excerpts of longer work are permitted.
Note: The Gen Ed department gravitates toward art that is perceptive, moving, true, and deeply felt. Emily Dickinson said she knows a good poem when she feels "physically as if the top of her head were taken off." We can only hope for a similar response to your submissions!